- Ukrainian Diary – digest of the most important news over the past week (audio)
- Individual gas meters to be installed for gas consumers
- UN names Ukraine one of priority tasks
- Session of NATO Military Committee starts in Brussels
- In Ukraine, gas price for households to increase
Court ruling on confiscation involving Yanukovych classified
The text of a ruling by Kramatorsk's District Court on special confiscation of $1.5 billion from disgraced ex-President of Ukraine Viktor Yanukovych and his cronies has been classified because investigatory measures are underway and the safety of participants of the process should be provided, Deputy Chief of the Ukrainian Prosecutor General's Office Yevhen Yenin has said.
As earlier reported, Al Jazeera on January 10, 2017 published a 95-page text of Kramatorsk's City Court ruling, dated March 28, 2017, which was later classified because it contained state secrets.
The court verdict is posted on the TV channel's website both in Ukrainian and in English.
Al Jazeera argues that the verdict reveals the scheme through which public funds were embezzled under Yanukovych, and asks why the court verdict was classified.