- Ukrainian Diary – digest of the most important news over the past week (Audio)
- Almost 1500 people already become victims of fire in Ukraine this year
- EU supports Ukrainian reforms in fight against corruption
- Lawyer Vasyl Miroshnichenko: "Bill strengthens liability for non-payment of alimony"
- Ukrainian army positions attacked by militants in Donbas 17 times in past 24 hours,
Volodymyr Groisman: strategic objects will not be privatized
Prime Minister Volodymyr Groisman excludes any possibility to permission to sell strategic enterprises as a result of changing the privatization procedure after the adoption of the Law "On the Privatization of State Property".
He stated this at the Verkhovna Rada when considering the relevant bill, Ukrinform reported.
"No one is ever going to sell strategic enterprises - this is our wealth, and we must build high-quality and efficient management and ensure profits to these companies that will be paid into the budget," the Prime Minister said. In addition, he stressed the need to establish management and strengthen control over the management of communal property.
Earlier to this the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine has adopted in first reading the government bill on privatization of public property (No. 7066) a new wording of the law on privatization, which facilitates the sale of hard-to-sell facilities, describes the conditions for attracting privatization consultants and is one of the prerequisites for continuing cooperation with the IMF.
A total of 258 lawmakers voted to pass this bill in first reading with the necessary minimum being 226 votes.