- Ukrainian army positions in Donbas come under fire 14 times in past 24 hours
- Normandy format leaders to have phone talks on July 24
- Our aviation extinguish forest fire in Montenegro
- No casualties among Ukrainians during earthquake in Greece and Turkey
- Since beginning of the year, 90 cases of botulism registered in Ukraine
Giuseppe Nicosia extradited to Italy from ukraine
Giuseppe Donaldo Nicosia, "the creator of one of large-scale money laundering scheme has been extradited from Ukraine to Italy, Ukrainian Prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko said.
"This lawbreaker stole hundreds of millions of Euros from Italians and had been hiding in different countries of the world for many years. In the spring of this year, according to the results of a well-planned operation, he was detained by the Security Council of Ukraine. Due to professional and respectable work of the PGO and the Interior Ministry, the extradition procedure for Nicosia had been completed during three months. And today, accompanied by an Italian police, the offender has returned to his homeland, where he will soon stand trial," he wrote on his Facebook page.
In addition, Lutsenko said that this extradition, along with the return of Italy's stolen works of art, is the next step to "strengthening Ukrainian-Italian cooperation between law enforcement agencies and gives grounds to count on Italy's constructive position in the Vitaliy Markiv case."
Deputy Prosecutor General Yevhen Yenin said that "even Berlusconi's tattoo on his body didn't help Nicosia ...", Prosecutor General's spokeswoman Larysa Sarhan said on Facebook.