- Vice PM Kyrylenko: Over 14,000 tickets for Eurovision 2017 already sold
- Avdiivka again left without water due to attacks by militants
- Ukraine's Shakhtar defeated by Spain's Celta, drops out of Europa League
- Canadian opposition calls on Government to provide specific assistance to Ukraine
- Lower House of Dutch Parliament endorses ratification of EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
Assets of Ukraine's banking system will grow to UAH 1.5-1.6 trln by late 2017
11.01.2017 р., 18:15
"It remains to be seen, but it should be a good year for the banking system and its customers," he wrote on his Facebook page. According to his forecast, the share of the largest 20 banks will increase to 92-93% of total assets (as of October 1, 2016 some 89.8%), while the share of the second group of local banks will fall to 2-2.5%. The share of foreign and state-owned banks (including nationalized PrivatBank) will continue to grow - up to 82-85%, and that of local and Russian - to decline. However, there would not appear new foreign banks, but deals to acquire the assets of financial institutions will continue, mainly in the framework of Russian banks' leaving the Ukrainian market. According to Rashkovan, some small banks will be closed due to insufficient capitalization, part of frozen banks will undergo self-liquidation, and the rest will unite - a maximum of five or six merger transactions in the second half of the year in case of no agreement between the owners.