- National Bank: Ukraine’s economic growth to speed up in next two years
- Hague court to decide on further steps in Ukraine vs. Russia case on May 12
- Military equipment at parades in 'LPR' to violate Minsk accords – OSCE SMM
- Program of cultural events for Eurovision period approved
- Escalation in Donbas, two Ukrainian soldiers killed
Assets of Ukraine's banking system will grow to UAH 1.5-1.6 trln by late 2017
11.01.2017 р., 18:15
"It remains to be seen, but it should be a good year for the banking system and its customers," he wrote on his Facebook page. According to his forecast, the share of the largest 20 banks will increase to 92-93% of total assets (as of October 1, 2016 some 89.8%), while the share of the second group of local banks will fall to 2-2.5%. The share of foreign and state-owned banks (including nationalized PrivatBank) will continue to grow - up to 82-85%, and that of local and Russian - to decline. However, there would not appear new foreign banks, but deals to acquire the assets of financial institutions will continue, mainly in the framework of Russian banks' leaving the Ukrainian market. According to Rashkovan, some small banks will be closed due to insufficient capitalization, part of frozen banks will undergo self-liquidation, and the rest will unite - a maximum of five or six merger transactions in the second half of the year in case of no agreement between the owners.